[10 Ways] Fix Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped On Android/Samsung
With a simple tap, you can now send text messages on Android/Samsung. Unfortunately, this has stopped working for some users. This article will provide solutions to fix unfortunately messaging has stopped on Android/Samsung
The unfortunately, messaging has stopped android fix is a problem that has been present for a while. Google has released 10 ways to fix the issue.
Have you ever seen the message “Unfortunately, Messaging has ceased” on your Android or Samsung phone?
Many people have probably gone through it, and they’re all searching for answers, right?
Don’t worry; this is a typical mistake that many of us make while sending or reading SMS messages. However, other customers claim that this issue happens at random while the messaging app is running in the background.
So, whatever the problem is, I’ll show you how to solve it. In this article, I’ll go through a few different methods to get Android texting to work again.
So let’s get started.
Solutions are listed below:
What Should I Do If My Android Messaging Has Stopped?
Now is the time to go through the many options that will assist you in resolving the issue with your Android messaging app not functioning.
Restart Your Device (Method 1)
The first and most simple solution I usually recommend to people is to reset their device once. This easy procedure may sometimes fix the problem. There’s no harm in giving it a go.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Until the menu displays, press and hold the “Power” button.
- Select “Power off” from the menu on the screen now.
- Wait a few moments and then switch on your smartphone to check whether the problem has been fixed.
Method 2: Forcing the Messaging App to Close
If rebooting the phone does not work, I recommend forcing the messaging app to shut once. This should help you resolve the problem, and you should be able to use the app again soon.
- To begin, click to Settings > Apps and choose All Apps.
- Now, scroll down and choose Messaging.
- After that, choose Force Close (Force Stop) and wait.
- Finally, launch the Messaging app to check whether the problem persists.
Method 3: Delete Message App Data And Cache
Sometimes the best solution is to clear the cache files of the specific program. This is because frequent usage of the program accumulates a large number of undesirable files that must be removed.
As a result, deleting the messaging app’s cache and data may assist you in resolving messages that have been blocked by Samsung. You don’t have to be concerned since this procedure won’t erase any texts from your phone.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to Settings > Apps first.
- After that, choose the All Apps filter and then the Messaging app.
- Now choose Storage.
- Clear Data is the first option, followed by Clear Cache.
- Finally, restart your phone to see whether the messaging app is still operational.
Update the Message App (method 4)
You should also check to see whether your Message app has been updated. Frequently, the old version of the program starts to display such an error.
As a result, it’s critical to verify and upgrade the program to the most recent version.
Here’s what you should do:
- To access My Apps and Games, first visit Google Play Store and click on three horizontal lines.
- You’ll see a list of installed applications with a UPDATE option next to each one (if available)
- Locate the Message app and choose the Update option next to it.
- Open the Messaging app once the app has been updated to check whether the problem has been addressed.
Use Safe Mode as a fifth option.
Most of the time, I’ve observed that such a problem arises as a result of certain third-party applications loaded on the phone. You should start your phone in safe mode to identify it.
All third-party applications will be deactivated here, and you’ll be able to tell whether the offender is one of them.
Simply follow the instructions below:
- To begin, hold down the Power button.
- The screen will then display different Power choices.
- Constantly press and hold the Power Off option.
- A window will appear requesting you to restart your device in Safe mode.
- After that, choose the OK option.
Once your device has entered Safe Mode, check to see whether the issue has been resolved. If you don’t notice any errors, it’s likely that a third-party program is at blame.
As a result, you should start uninstalling applications one by one to see whether the problem persists.
Delete Cache Storage (method 6)
It is also necessary to clean the cache memory, which will assist you in avoiding any phone problems. All settings will be restored to their default state.
The steps are as follows:
- On your Android smartphone, go to Settings.
- Now, choose Storage.
- Following that, you’ll see how much cache memory your phone has. Then choose Cache Storage from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you’ll get a window asking you to approve the deletion of cache files.
- Finally, click the OK or Accept button to remove it.
Wipe the Cache Partition (method 7)
Many customers have reported that after wiping the cache disk, the Messaging app has ceased functioning issue has been fixed.
You must first put your smartphone into recovery mode.
You must do the following steps:
- To begin, turn off your Android/Samsung phone.
- Then press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Leave the Power key pressed until you see the logo on your phone.
- When you see the Android logo after some time, release all the buttons and wait 30-60 seconds.
- Using the Volume down button, choose Wipe Cache Partition.
- After that, confirm using the Power key.
- You must wait till the erasing cache partition procedure is completed.
- Then, using the Power button, choose “reboot system now” and confirm it.
After all, they should be checked to see whether the messaging app is functioning or not.
Method #8: Using a Different SMS App
If your texting app is still not functioning, I recommend looking at other SMS programs. In the Google Play Store, you may find a variety of third-party messaging apps that can assist you in dealing with such circumstances.
There’s no need to be concerned if you don’t know which applications to utilize. I’ve included a few of the finest applications for you to try.
Keep in mind that certain applications may need more modification than the default app.
Performing A Factory Reset (Method 9)
When nothing else seems to work, it’s time to do a factory reset. Unfortunately, texting has ceased on Android, and this may help you repair it.
However, before you continue with this step, please make a backup of any critical data in a secure location. This may assist you in dealing with data loss, which is common when doing a factory reset.
How to do a factory reset on an Android phone is as follows:
- To begin, go to Settings > Backup & Reset.
- Now, go to Backup and Reset and check that Backup my data is checked. If it isn’t already enabled, turn it on.
- Then, scroll down to Factory data reset.
- After that, click Reset phone to confirm the choice (reset the device)
- As soon as you select Erase everything, the factory reset procedure starts.
- It may take some time for the procedure to complete, and your phone will restart.
After that, open the messaging app to check whether the problem has been fixed.
Method 10: The Most Effective Way To Restore Messaging On Android/Samsung
Apart from the aforementioned techniques, if you want a quick fix, use Android Repair software. This is a professional application that enables users to repair messages on Android or Samsung phones that have stopped functioning.
Whatever the cause of the problem, utilizing this tool to fix any Android error is simple and efficient.
Apart from the messaging app error, it also fixes other problems like Android setting has stopped, contacts has stopped, WhatsApp has stopped, vertical lines on Android/Samsung, and so on.
As a result, I recommend that you download this fantastic program and repair the sad fact that Android texting has ceased working without difficulty.
To learn how to use the tool, read the whole user guide.
So, this blog has come to a conclusion, and I am certain that the techniques described here will assist you in resolving the issue of messages having ceased on your Android/Samsung phone.
Though this kind of issue may happen to any user at any moment, the good news is that there are solutions.
Choose the Android Repair tool for a fast and sophisticated solution that will eliminate the problem without causing data loss.
Unfortunately, the messages has stopped samsung is a problem that many Android users have to deal with. Google has released 10 ways to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix unfortunately messaging has stopped on Android?
Unfortunately, messaging has stopped on Android. This is likely due to the app being uninstalled or lost. To fix this issue, please reinstall the app and try again.
How do I fix Samsung unfortunately app has stopped?
Unfortunately, there is not a fix for this issue.
Why does messaging keep stopping on my Android phone?
This is a known issue that Google has yet to fix. The best thing you can do is to try to restart your phone and see if this fixes the problem.
- unfortunately messenger has stopped samsung
- unfortunately messenger has stopped how to fix
- how do i fix unfortunately, messages has stopped
- messages has stopped samsung j7
- unfortunately dial contacts messaging has stopped