[6 Ways] How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Drive
If you use Google Drive to store your files, you might have them laying somewhere in the depths of your cloud storage. But if you’ve done something foolish, like deleted some files accidentally, this isn’t always the case. You might not have to worry about them, but if you need to get them back, you’ll need some help.
Sometimes, files accidentally get deleted from your Google Drive account. If you want to recover them, you can do so by dragging them back to your drive. But, what if the file is permanently deleted? Don’t panic right away. There are a few ways to recover permanently deleted files from Google Drive.
Unfortunately, while we know we can recover files from Google Drive, we can’t recover permanently deleted files. This is because Google Drive permanently deletes the files and makes the folder invisible to users, and it’s impossible to recover files from a deleted folder. This makes it difficult to retrieve files if you accidentally delete them.
Do you wish to recover Google Drive data that have been deleted? However, I have no clue how to retrieve data from Google Drive that have been permanently erased. If so, this blog may be of use to you.
I’ve compiled a list of simple and efficient methods for recovering lost Google Drive files on Android.
So let’s continue reading.
Is It Possible To Recover Files From Google Drive That Have Been Deleted?
Yes, of course! Google Drive files can be recovered if they go lost.
The procedure is entirely dependent on two factors:
- Having a backup of your data is essential.
- If you don’t have a backup, you’ll need to use a professional program like Android Phone Recovery.
Let’s take a look at the various methods for recovering data that have been completely erased from Google Drive.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Drive (Method 1) (The Most Effective Method)
One of the best methods to recover completely lost data from Google Drive Android is to use the Android Data Recovery application. This application allows you to recover different multimedia data from Android smartphones, including photos, audios, videos, contacts, text messages, notes, and other documents.
Aside from that, it may assist you in restoring data from your smartphone without the need for a backup. The whole procedure of restoring lost data with this program is very simple.
It works with Samsung, HTC, Sony, Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi, Realme, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo, LG, and a variety of other Android smartphones.
As a result, just download and install this software, and then quickly restore your lost data.
Read the full user guide to learn how to use Android data recovery software.
Android Data Recovery – Recover data from Android phones that have been lost or destroyed.
The finest and most successful solution for recovering data from Android phones that has been lost, erased, or is unavailable. The following are some distinctive features:
- Photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, and other data types may be recovered directly.
- Recover data lost due to a damaged screen, an accident, an inadvertent factory reset, formatting, a virus attack, or other circumstances.
- Allows you to “Recover” deleted files without a backup with a single click.
Method 2: Request that the administrator retrieve files that have been lost indefinitely.
If your Gmail account is connected to a school, organization, or business, you may request that your deleted material be retrieved from Google Drive by contacting the administrator.
The administrator will retrieve your lost data over the course of 25 days.
The administrator will assist you in recovering the deleted data in the following manner:
- Open a web browser and log into your Gmail account.
- Simply log in to the Management Settings after that.
- Select a person and then go to his or her profile page.
- Now, access the Menu by clicking on the symbol in the top-right corner.
- Select the files you want to restore by tapping on the Restore Data option.
Method 3: Use Backup & Sync to Restore the Files
If you have already installed the software ‘Backup & Sync,’ it will automatically synchronize data from certain directories. After that, you should be able to simply restore them.
You must follow the steps outlined below in order to verify your deleted files in Backup & Sync.
- To begin, open Backup & Sync. As a result, you’ll end yourself on route C: Users Your given name Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service.
- All of your essential file copies will now appear in the pane.
- You may either explore your files by looking at the big icon thumbnails or search for a specific file by entering its name into the search box.
Method 4: Make a call to Google Drive’s customer service.
This technique may also be used to restore files that have been permanently removed from Google Drive.
Simply follow these instructions to learn how to restore irreversibly lost pictures and other Google Drive data.
- Tap the I symbol on the Google Drive website.
- Click on the “Send feedback” option once again.
- This time, you’ll be asked to complete the form and submit it.
- A member of the Google customer service team will now attempt to contact you. After there, just explain the file you’re trying to restore.
- They will undoubtedly assist you in recovering such data.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Drive Trash (Method 5)
If you need to retrieve lost files from the Google Drive trash, follow the procedures below:
- To get started, go to Google Drive and sign in with your personal account.
- Then, on the left-hand side of your screen, search for the ‘Trash’ icon. And then tap it.
- Now all you have to do is locate the files or folders that need to be restored.
- Make a right-tapping motion on them. Now you have two options: Restore and Delete Forever.
- Now, from the drop-down option, choose “Restore.”
Recover Permanently Deleted Files From a Deleted Account (Method 6) (For G Suite Users)
To retrieve files from your lost Google account, follow the steps outlined below:
- The first step is to get your deleted user account back.
- Make someone else the administrator of your Google Drive files or folders.
- Go to the Admin account and log in.
- Then choose Apps or Applications from the drop-down menu.
- After that, choose G Suite from the drop-down menu.
- Select Drive and Docs from the drop-down menus.
- Select Transfer Ownership once again.
- Now, enter in both the past and future file owners’ usernames >> then click Transfer Files.
- If you wish, you may remove an account again once the transfer is completed.
It’s important to remember that only Super Administrators can assist you in recovering your deleted Google account within 20 days of the deletion.
Frequently Asked Questions (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Long Do Deleted Files Stay on Google Drive?
The files that have been deleted from Google Drive are usually not erased immediately. Though, following deletion, the deleted files will be moved to a Trash folder, where they will be kept for 60 days.
Can We Recover Deleted Google Drive Files?
Yes, using the Android Data Recovery program, we can recover lost data from Google Drive. This is a straightforward method for recovering lost data from Google Drive on Android.
Is it possible to retrieve irreversibly lost files?
Yes, the data that have been permanently deleted can be retrieved since they aren’t lost forever. Unless the files are overwritten, you have a chance to retrieve them back. To quickly recover the data, you should immediately stop using your device.
Time to make a decision
The most simple method to protect your data is to save critical files on Google Drive. You will be able to access your files from anywhere at any time.
However, if you ever lose critical data, the techniques described above will undoubtedly assist you in recovering irreversibly lost files from Google Drive Android.
If your lost files are stored on your PC, you may also utilize Android data recovery software. Even if your data is stored on a removable device, you may use this recovery application.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is an SEO specialist and a professional blogger. She enjoys writing blogs and articles on Android and iOS phones. She is the creator of Android-iOS-data-recovery and is passionate about resolving problems with Android and iOS devices.
If you have ever lost documents due to an accidental deletion in Google Drive, you will know how difficult it can be to recover them. Google offers an amazing service to its users, but the same cannot be said about the company’s drive backup system. It is not possible to recover deleted files from Google Drive in the same way you would use the same utility to recover your computer files.. Read more about how to recover deleted files and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I recover a permanently deleted file?
There are many ways to recover a permanently deleted file. The first step is to make sure that the file you want to recover is not overwritten by any other files on your computer. If it has been overwritten, then the file may no longer exist and cannot be recovered.
How can I recover permanently deleted files without backup?
You can try to use a file recovery software.
How long does Google Drive keep permanently deleted files?
Google Drive keeps permanently deleted files for 30 days.
- google drive recovery software
- how to recover permanently deleted files from google photos
- google drive recover deleted shared files
- how do i permanently delete files from google drive
- how long does google drive keep deleted files