The Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) and the Fossil Gen 6 (44mm) are two smartwatches released by Fossil. Which one is better?
Fossil’s Gen 5 and Gen 6 watches are both very similar. The main difference between the two is the size of the watch. The fossil gen 5 vs is a comparison between Fossil’s Gen 5 and Gen 6 watches.
6th Generation Fossil is the latest Wear OS smartwatch, and it is the successor to Gen 5 Fossil. The new smartwatch isn’t much that different from its predecessor, except for the 4100+ Snapdragon processor and the addition of Spo2 blood oxygen monitoring. Aside than that, it has the same 1GB RAM and 8GB storage capacity as the Gen 5 and is fitness-focused with a few sensors. An inbuilt microphone and speakers are included, as well as Google Pay is a service that allows you to pay is a service that allows you to pay. The Gen 6 is available in two sizes: 44mm and 42mm. The 42mm is more compact and designed for ladies, while the 44mm is designed for males. We’ll compare the differences between Fossil Gen 6 44mm and 42mm in this article to help you determine which size is best for you.
Full Specifications of 6th Generation Fossil (42mm) versus (44mm)
|Information about the product||
Specifications, features, and price for the Fossil Gen 6 (42mm)
Specifications, features, and price for the Fossil Gen 6 (44mm)
|DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE||DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE||DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE|
|Name of the device||Fossil Gen 6 (42mm)||Fossil Gen 6|
|Type of device||Smartwatch for fitness/classic||Smartwatch for fitness/classic|
|When will it be released?||2021 September||2021 September|
|Predecessor||Gen 5 Fossil||Fossil Gen 5|
|Versions||Fossil Gen 6 42mm, Fossil Gen 6 44mm, Fossil Gen 6 46mm, Fossil Gen 6 48mm, Fossil Gen 6 50||Fossil Gen 6 42mm, Fossil Gen 6 44mm, Fossil Gen 6 46mm, Fossil Gen 6 48mm, Fossil Gen 6 50|
|Dimension||42 mm x 42 mm x 12 mm||44 × 44 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12|
|Material for the case||Stainless steel is a durable material. is a durable material. is a durable material. is a durable material.||Stainless steel|
|Material for the straps||Stainless steel, leather, and silicone||Stainless steel, leather, and silicone|
|Material for the bezel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Size of the strap||18 mm||22 mm|
|Screen shielding||Corning Gorilla Glass is a kind of toughened glass developed by Corning is a kind of toughened glass developed by Corning||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Resistant to water||3ATM||3ATM|
|Test for Longevity||—||—|
|Color||Rose Gold-tone/Rose Gold-tone stainless steel strap, Rose Gold case/Purple silicone strap, Gunmetal case/Gunmetal stainless steel strap||Smoke case/smoke stainless steel straps, Black case/black silicone straps, Black case/brown leather straps, Black case/green camo grosgrain straps|
|Size of the display||1.28 inch||1.28 inch|
|Type of display||Full color AMOLED display||Full color AMOLED display|
|Resolution of the display||416 px x 416 px px px px px||416 px x 416 px px px px px|
|Density of pixels||326 ppi||326 ppi|
|Face of the watch may be customized||Yes||Yes|
|Type of input||Touchscreen, 3 physical buttons||Touchscreen, 3 physical buttons|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth version 5.0||Bluetooth version 5.0|
|Calling using Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n is available. is available.||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n|
|Slot for memory cards||No||No|
|CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS||CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS||CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS|
|Calls serve as a warning||Yes||Yes|
|Notification by email||Yes||Yes|
|Reminder of an upcoming event||Yes||Yes|
|Notifications from third-party applications||Yes||Yes|
|Music through Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Light from the environment||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse oximeter is a device that measures the amount of oxygen in the blood (SpO2)||Yes||Yes|
|Sensors from other sources||—||—|
|TRACKING ACTIVITIES||TRACKING ACTIVITIES||TRACKING ACTIVITIES|
|Oxygen in the blood||Yes||Yes|
|High Blood Pressure (HBP)||No||No|
|Monitoring of the heart rate||Yes||Yes|
|Tracking your sleep||Yes||Yes|
|Fall detection on the spur of the moment||No||No|
|Cycle of menstruation||No||No|
|Tracking your heart rate underwater||No||No|
|Workout on the computer screen||No||No|
|Modes for sports||Yes||Yes|
|Type of battery||Lithium-ion battery that is not detachable||Lithium-ion battery that is not detachable|
|capacity of the battery||310mAh||310mAh|
|Life of the battery||Regular: 24 hours or more||Regular: 24 hours or more|
|Type of charging||Docking station for charging||Docking station for charging|
|Time to charge||30min-1hr||30min-1hr|
|Chipset||4100+ Snapdragon||Snapdragon 4100+|
|CPU||ARM Cortex A53 quad-core CPU, 1.7GHz||ARM Cortex A53 quad-core CPU, 1.7GHz|
|GPU||GPU Qualcomm Adreno 504||GPU Qualcomm Adreno 504|
|System software||Wear OS||Wear OS|
|App for a friend||App Fossil Q||App Fossil Q|
|Compatibility||iOS 10.0+, Android 6.0+||iOS 10.0+, Android 6.0+|
|System of payment||Google Pay||Google Pay|
|Straps are interchangeable.||18mm, Yes||Yes, 22 mm|
|Using the voice command||Google Assistant, yes.||Google Assistant, yes.|
|Please locate my phone.||Yes||Yes|
|Contents of the box||Fossil Gen 6 charger, manual, straps||Fossil Gen 6 charger, manual, straps|
What’s New in Fossil Gen 5 versus 6.
Let’s speak about what’s new in Gen 6 before we get into the changes.
- Gen 6 is powered by the Snapdragon 4100+ processor.
While this isn’t exactly good news, it is a significant upgrade over the Snapdragon 3100 that drives the Fossil Gen 5. The 4100+ is a 12nm device that has a performance boost of up to 30%. It also has the QCC1110 coprocessor, which debuted with the 3100 chip. The always-on display mode function and other minor activities are handled by this co-processor, which saves battery life.
- Spo2 is present in Fossil Gen 6.
The measurement of Spo2 blood oxygen has been included to Gen 6. It will enable you to assess how effectively your blood uses oxygen by measuring blood oxygen levels. This function may assist you in determining how well you sleep and, if you are climbing, it can assist you in determining when to stop climbing. Despite the fact that this feature has been long delayed, it is better late than never.
- Bluetooth 5.0 on the Fossil Gen 6 allows for faster data transmission and connectivity.
Another new feature of the Gen 6 is Bluetooth 5.0, which replaces the predecessor’s Bluetooth 4.2. This allows for quicker data transmission, which saves both time and battery life.
- The battery life of the Gen is longer.
The Gen 6 offers somewhat better performance than its predecessor thanks to the 4100+ processor and 1GB RAM. Fossil promises a 30% increase in performance, allowing you to do more in less time. This also means that the battery life is somewhat longer than the Gen 5.
The Difference Between Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) and (44mm)
The size difference between the 44mm and 42mm is the first thing you’ll notice. The 42mm smartwatch is a smaller version of the 44mm smartwatch. It’s excellent for ladies, while the 44mm is ideal for males or those with large wrists. The straps are unique as well. The 42mn is compatible with straps that are 20mm wide, while the 44mm is suitable with straps that are 22mm wide.
- Colors that are available
- All three hues of Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) The hues that are offered are very diverse. The 42mm comes in three different colors:
- Case is rose gold-toned, and the stainless steel straps are also rose gold-toned.
- Stainless steel straps with a gunmetal casing.
- Purple silicone straps with a rose-gold case.
- All four hues of Fossil Gen 6 (44mm) The 44mm comes in four different hues.
- Case is made of stainless steel and the straps are made of stainless steel.
- Brown leather straps with a black stainless steel case.
- Green Camo Grosgrain straps with a black stainless steel casing
- Black silicone straps with a black stainless steel case.
The rose-gold and gunmetal 42mm hues, as well as the 44mm smoke color, cost $320. Every other color will set you back $300.
Although the 42mm is smaller than the 44mm, the display is the same size at 1.28 inches. This is due to the fact that it has a thinner bezel than the 44mm. Furthermore, the bezel has beautiful engravings that elevate it beyond the 44mm size and elevate it to a higher level of style and elegance.
Which is Better: Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) or (44mm)?
Except for minor variations, each of these two sizes has identical characteristics. The 42mm size is a smaller smartwatch, making it suitable for ladies and those with small wrists. Furthermore, based on the style of its bezel and thinner band, it’s a lovely smartwatch that will suit ladies. The 44mm, on the other hand, is a larger watch that is more suited to males.
Features of the Fossil Gen 6
- It has a 1.28-inch Always-on AMOLED display that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The touchscreen and three physical buttons are used for navigation (2 push-in buttons and 1 rotating button).
- The casing, like the bezel, is constructed of stainless steel. 22mm interchangeable straps are compatible with the 44mm size.
- Sport modes are pre-installed.
- You have access to a variety of applications, including Google Assistant, Google Play, Spotify, and others.
- Time/date, alarm, timer, and stopwatch are among the clock’s functions.
- Customize the watch face by selecting from the existing watch faces or downloading from the app store’s large collection of watch faces.
- Find my phone, control music on my smartphone, and snap photos with a remote camera.
- Keeps you linked to everything that matters to you, ensuring that you never miss crucial alerts. Messages may also be replied to (Android only).
- 3ATM rated (swim-proof).
- Both Android 6.0+ and iOS 12.0+ devices are supported.
- The phone’s built-in microphone works with Google Assistant, and it has a loudspeaker so you can make and receive calls via Bluetooth. As a result, you can make and receive calls straight from your watch, but you’ll need to keep your phone nearby.
- You can carry your music and playlists with you thanks to the 8GB inbuilt storage space.
- Google Pay is supported via the watch’s built-in NFC, which allows you to make payments straight from the watch while on the move.
- You can gain a bit more battery life by using custom power saving settings.
- There are several preinstalled applications to select from, like Google Assistant, Spotify, and others.
Features of the Fossil Gen 6 Fitness Tracker
- It has built-in GPS that allows you to monitor your outdoor activities, such as routes and locations, which can then be seen via the accompanying app.
- With the Fossil sleep monitoring app, it can track your sleep phases.
- Your heart rate is tracked by a heart rate monitor, which allows you to observe your heart rate in real time and control the intensity of your workout.
- There are many pre-programmed sport modes.
- Steps, distance, cardio level, calories, and sedentary reminder are all tracked.
- It has an altimeter, which allows you to control and monitor elevation changes.
- It has a compass that may assist you in navigating and determining your geographic location.
- NEW: It has a SpO2 sensor for measuring blood oxygen levels, which is an important indication of how effectively your blood uses oxygen.
- Design that is elegant, fashionable, and long-lasting.
- The music storage capacity is 8 GB.
- Google Pay is supported via NFC onboard.
- A smartwatch with a fitness emphasis.
- The Snapdragon 4100+ processor improves performance.
- Microphone and loudspeaker built-in (make and receive calls from watch).
- Custom battery-saving settings let you to stay connected for extended periods of time.
- The battery life isn’t excellent.
- It’s very hefty.
Prices of Fossil Gen 6
Men’s Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and Other Features
Men’s Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and Other Features
Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch for Women with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and More
Julianna Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and… Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
Men’s Fossil Gen 5E 44mm Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, and…
Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle Touchscreen Smartwatch in Stainless Steel with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
Garrett Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and… Fossil Men’s Gen 5 Garrett Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
The fossil gen 5e case is a comparison of the Fossil Gen 6 (42mm) vs the Fossil Gen 6 (44mm).
- fossil gen 5 specification
- fossil se
- fossil gen 5 weight
- fossil gen 5 carlyle lte
- fossil gen 5 strap size