For the most part, unlocking your phone’s bootloader is a good thing. It allows you to use mods and ROMs that can add new features or change some of what the phone does. There are still downsides, however: it means that if something goes wrong with your device down the line, you won’t have warranty support from OnePlus. That said, rooting an Android device requires enough technical know-how to make installing these apps risky in most cases–especially when they don’t always work well together
The “root oneplus 9 pro” is a process that allows users to unlock the bootloader of their OnePlus phone and root it. This will allow them to remove any bloatware, customize the software, and more.
The OnePlus 9RT was officially unveiled a few days ago by OnePlus. It’s a high-end phone from OnePlus with flagship specifications. The gadget was first introduced in China, and it is likely to be sold worldwide shortly. This tutorial is for you if you have a OnePlus 9RT phone and want to root it. You will learn how to root the OnePlus 9RT and how to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9RT in this article.
When it comes to design, the gadget resembles the OnePlus 9R. The camera module has only been slightly modified, and it now resembles the current Samsung phones. The Snapdragon 888 SoC is paired with 12GB RAM in the OnePlus 9RT. It comes with a large 6.62-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 120Hz. In China, the smartphone runs on ColorOS, which is based on Android 11. In other places, however, it will be accessible with OxygenOS.
OnePlus phones are known for OxygenOS, but since it has switched to the ColorOS environment, you could lose out on some of the best OxygenOS features. Furthermore, Android 12 is already available, with new graphics that may or may not be accessible on the OnePlus phone. So you may root your phone and install custom ROMs to obtain more sophisticated features. We’ll show you how to root your OnePlus 9RT as well as how to unlock the bootloader.
Thanks to Magisk, rooting OnePlus phones is still feasible. It’s still a fantastic choice for any Android user who wishes to utilize the Magisk and Xposed modules that are available. Support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, and third-party themes are all included with rooting. To root the OnePlus 9RT, however, you must first unlock the device’s bootloader. Let’s begin with the bootloader instructions.
How to Unlock the OnePlus 9RT Bootloader
OnePlus phones, like any other Android phone, come with a locked bootloader by default. It’s a safety feature that prevents users from tampering with gadgets in the event of theft. However, it prevents owners from testing out custom ROMs or rooting features. So, if you wish to root the OnePlus 9RT, you must first unlock the device’s bootloader. Fortunately, unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus is an easy task. So let’s get started with the steps.
- Begin by backing up all of your data, since unlocking the bootloader will delete everything on your OnePlus 9RT.
- Drivers for ADB and Fastboot should be installed on your PC. You’ll be able to use adb and fastboot commands. Platform tools may also be used instead of drivers.
- Go to the ‘About Phone’ tab in Settings on your OnePlus 9RT.
- Look for the Build Number and 7-8 times touch it. ‘You are now a developer,’ it will say.
- Return to the main Settings menu, then choose System > Developer Options.
- You must now enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. Enable the Advanced reboot option as well, which will allow the phone to boot in several modes.
- Long press the Power button to bring up a menu of choices; pick bootloader by clicking the three dots. You may also enter the bootloader using shortcut keys.
- When the OnePlus 9RT enters Fastboot/Bootloader mode, press the power button twice. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Now, on your PC, launch the command/CMD window. Open cmd from the folder where you got platform tools if you haven’t already. To verify the device’s connection to the computer, use the command below. It will give you a device id.
- To begin unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus 9RT, use the specified instruction.
- The command above will bring up a menu of choices on your phone. Toggle choices now using the Volume keys. Press the Power button while selecting ‘Unlock the Bootloader.’
- Keep in mind that the operation will erase all data. After the bootloader unlock is complete, the device will automatically reboot into the operating system.
- Set up your smartphone and enjoy the unlocked bootloader on the OnePlus 9RT.
Confirm that the bootloader has been unlocked using developer options or appropriate fastboot instructions. And after you’ve confirmed that, you’re ready to begin the rooting procedure. Make sure you’ve read all of the prerequisites.
How to Root the OnePlus 9RT Using Magisk
- To get started, download the OnePlus 9RT firmware and transfer the boot.img file to your phone.
- Now go to your phone’s app store and download the Magisk app.
- Open the Magisk app and tap the Install button.
- On the following page, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the drop-down menu.
- It will begin patching the boot image when you browse and choose the boot.img file.
- The generated file will be named magisk patched.img and saved in the download folder.
- Copy the modified boot image file to the C:adb folder on your PC (Copy it in the platform tools folder if you have downloaded it). The modified file should now be called boot.img.
- Connect your OnePlus 9RT to your computer after rebooting it to Fastboot or bootloader mode.
- Press Shift + Right click on an empty place in the C:adb folder (or platform-tools folder) and choose ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’. or type CMD in the file location/address.
- You can see whether the device is connected by running the command below, which should yield a device id.
- To flash Magisk and root the OnePlus 9 RT, use the command below.
- flash boot boot.img fastboot
- Reboot your phone after flashing the corrected boot image.
- If you haven’t already, download and install the Magisk app.
- Finally, follow the in-app instructions, and the device will reboot into the operating system.
You may check your phone’s root status using any third-party software or Magisk itself. You may utilize applications and functions that were disabled by default after you have root access on your phone. Xposed Modules may also be used for more complex customisation. If you wish to utilize modules, we’ve previously given a tutorial on how to install Xposed Framework.
That’s all there is to know about rooting OnePlus 9RT phones and unlocking their bootloaders. You can find additional tutorials on OnePlus if you have a OnePlus phone.
Also look at:
The “xda oneplus 9r” is a device that was released in 2018. It has an unlockable bootloader and can be rooted.
- root oneplus 9 5g
- oneplus 9 twrp
- oneplus 9 bootloader unlock
- oneplus 8t bootloader unlock tmobile
- xda root